A big idea thinker with “hands-on” experience implementing super creative national, local and trade PR campaigns, George Medici’s work reaches across multiple industry sectors, as well as corporate/financial, public affairs and issues management disciplines.
As executive vice president at Los Angeles-based PondelWilkinson, George oversees the firm’s public relations division, merging best practices across both PR and IR disciplines, while leveraging strategic partnerships to support the firm’s growth initiatives.
Before he arrived at PondelWilkinson, George served as director of public relations for Cosmic Toast Studios, where he served as media spokesperson and directed all communications and public relations activities.
Medici is an expert strategist and publicist on the changing media landscape, particularly the fusion of traditional and social media. He is adept at helping organizations from start-ups to Fortune 500 companies create or reposition their profiles within the top-tier U.S. business media, specializing in message development to influence core audiences.
A savvy crisis communications counselor and excellent oral and written communicator, Medici also is a seasoned media trainer of CEOs and senior executives.
Medici previously served as director and vice president of national media business strategies at Porter Novelli in New York, where he provided strategic business and financial media counsel for Amgen, British Airways, Hewlett-Packard, Procter & Gamble, Qualcomm, and Wyeth Pharmaceuticals, among others.
Medici’s career also includes stints at Finn Partners, M Booth & Associates, KCSA Worldwide and New York City’s Office of the Mayor.
Medici earned a bachelor’s degree in communication arts from St. John’s University, with minors in journalism and television studies.
Summary of Qualifications
- Strategic big idea thinker with 20+ years of hands on experience implementing national, local and trade public relations campaigns across many sectors, including banking, biotech, education, energy, entertainment, healthcare, professional services, real estate, retail and technology.
- Brand marketer building communications programs targeting corporate, investor and consumer audiences.
- Expert on the changing media landscape and the fusion of traditional and new media with a long-standing track record of successful product, executive and corporate visibility programs.
- Social media pioneer introducing new media channels to investor audiences.
- Videographer, producing, shooting and editing news-driven videos, leveraged across social media and traditional marketing channels.
- Savvy issues management and crisis communications counselor serving clients within consumer, business, investor and trade audiences.
- Message strategist and seasoned media trainer for CEOs, key executives and entertainment talent.
- Skillful writer, founder blogger of spinnernation.com, oral communicator and presenter.
- Strong mentor and effective staff manager.
More About George Medici
Originally from New York City now living in Los Angeles, George is an avid reader of history and enjoys hiking, swimming, and playing golf and tennis. He also is an accomplished artist of contemporary works. More information on Medici’s art can be found by visiting artofmedici.com.